Offering Local Chinese American Youth
- Communication and Leadership Skills Development.
- Exposure to The Legislative Process (Federal, State & Local).
- Practical Work Experience.
- Opportunity to Work With Legislators to Help Our Community.
- Opportunity to get Recommendation Letter for Future College and/or Job application.
- Chinese American, 16 years or older as of June 1, 2014.
- High school Junior or Senior student.
- Resident of the East Bay, Tri-City Area.
- Members of CBC preferred. Priority consideration will be based on seniority of CBC membership.
- CBC Toastmaster Youth Leadership Program experience preferred.
- Must be able to work 3 to 6 hours a week (total of at least 60 hours during summer).
- Must be able to make a 3 – 5 month commitment (to be negotiated with local government agencies or legislative offices).
- Must write an essay describing your experience at the end of the internship.
- Must attend the interview process in mid-April, 2014 (place TBD).
- Must be able to take one Saturday (half day) training class in Fremont; date to be determined (between 5/1/14 to 6/7/14). CBC will pay for the training expense.
- Must be available to meet for orientation and one mandatory meeting during the summer for Interns’ Progress Report at CBC summer BBQ event.
- Must have reliable transportation to/from designated internship office.
At the End of the Program, You Will Receive:
- Community Service Learning Hours.
- Certificate of Completion awarded from both CBC and Internship Office at the Annual CBC Interns’ Appreciation Luncheon in November 2014.
- Possible Recommendation Letter From an Elected Official.
The office assignment will be done after the interview at CBC’s discretion. If you are
interested in participating in this program, please contact Anna T. Muh, CBC Internship Co-Chairperson, after you carefully read through the Information, Application and Waiver, by phone at 510-468-6666 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in this program, please contact:
Anna T. Muh, CBC Internship Committee Chairperson
Tel: 510-468-6666 or via e-mail
Complete the CBC Internship Application 2014 and mail to be received prior to March 29, 2014 to
Ms. Anna Muh
CBC Summer Internship Program
44927 Parkmeadow Drive
Fremont, CA 94539
Please also include this CBC Internship Liability Waiver form.
For more information, please read the CBC Internship Information Packet 2014.